Saturday, November 10, 2012

Frack Off

 I've been asked a lot recently what is my position on fracking. I don't mean to sound like one of those annoying environmentalists that sit outside city hall with torches but it is such a horrible plan.
 Let's take a totally unproven source of gas, unsafely remove it from remote properties and use it for economic gain. Sure, I like that idea! Shake up the ground and disturb natural life.
 For the moment I'm going to call myself Joe the farmer. I have had this farm, my father gave it to me, his father passed it down to him. We drink water from a well and raise cattle. Never had any problems whatsoever. Suddenly, we can't drink the water. Our animals are scared to death. Everyone is getting sick. Our perfect little family farm, down the tubes. Take them to court you might say? A year later we may get a $50 000 settlement or so but what is that to them? Making millions of dollars is far more important than the citizens of New Brunswick. We can afford operations like this yet we can't afford to employ ourselves, educate our children or put doctors in our hospitals. Welcome to New Brunswick! Alward 1 . Society 0.

No comments:

Post a Comment